3.28.2012

When Mommy Leaves










can't believe you're running
and leaving the kids behind
just what do we tell the darlings
that mother's lost her mind?

how to console a little girl
who's crying herself to sleep
who longs to see her mothers face
but mother love won't keep

where can I store the tears I've cried
so baby doesn't see
and how do I wear a smile on my face
when baby is on my knee

not thinking about those left behind
just thinking about yourself
like mother love is something
that can be put up on a shelf

and taken out a month from now
like nothing's ever changed
like nobody's heart has been torn up
like no one's been in pain

all young mothers want to run
away a time or two
the strongest ones of all, however
are the ones that never do

1 comment:

  1. I reeally like this a lot Tina. I think it's true that all young mothers feel overwhelmed at times and want to head for the hills. You have to be strong to stay. The emotion you express is spot on.

    ReplyDelete